Subject: [Leica] Re: in the news
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Sun Jan 8 02:13:36 2006

Medically speaking, I doubt otolaryngologists are what they desperately need
at present.  There is no urgent need for septo/rhinoplasty etc.  What they
need are orthopaedic and trauma surgeons, and I am sure there are plenty of
great ones there.

When I trained in London in the '80s and '90s, I had the privilege of
meeting several very skilful Iraqi and Iranian orthopaedic surgeons.  Their
external fixator techniques were quite breathtaking.  They had had plenty of
experience from the Iran-Iraq war.

My family has just established a car dealership in Iraq - watching on TV all
the cars being destroyed, we figure there must be a great need for their
replacement.  Representing American, European or even Japanese manufacturers
would probably a touch tricky, thus we are handling the rather neutral
Korean brands.  And business has been very brisk.