Subject: [Leica] Re: 2,8/15mm Zeiss Leica-M
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 9 21:29:53 2006

>>> The issue is why this Yao character would impose his personal distaste
>>> for a List member on a List posting. <<<<<<

Now now Marc as a good legal beagle you know that's an assumption without
proof! That is unless you have names of the sendee and receivee! Yep we all
saw it on list, so what, only one party was identified. Is everyone here so
clean they've never sent a post in error? Or hit send and said...
"unprintable."

>>If Yao had meant for this to be a private
> missive, then I would anticipate an immediate statement from him that his
> posting of this extremely crude tell-off to this fellow was meant for
> private communication.<<<

But then you have no idea why he made the comment in the first place, nor
what it was in reference to. And without both sides of the story or
postings, who are list members to make assumptions? And certainly telling
Joseph what to do. Particularly when absolutely no one on this list has the
absolute truth of what was being referred to.

>>> As Yao has not done so, he seems to want this to be viewed as his public
> persona.  If so, he must be a really prize jerk.<<

Sorry you are way over blowing this and damn near making a fool of yourself
in this comment.

> HINT:  an apology to the List is in order. <<<<

Sorry it's the list members, some anyway, who should be apologizing to
Joseph!

Marc,
Sorry mate I quite frankly do not think the aforementioned post by Joseph is
of anyone on this lists business! Period. Certainly when no one has any idea
what it's about other than the suppositions being read into it. As well as a
near character assassination of one very fine person.

Damn it, it's like some kind of witch hunt fired by inane curiosity by
people with nothing better to do than carry on like a bunch of scallywags!

As you are friend of mine, I'd defend you in similar manner as I am Joseph
as he's also a friend, both of you first class people in my mind. But with
all the unknowns being bantered about by members, you included, who don't
have a clue what the hell the initial post was about. I'd have thought
people here were wiser and more understanding of others. But this is a
ridiculous!!

Quite frankly Joseph is one damn fine person and absolutely honest in his
photographic dealings. The other side of this complete charade of a
seemingly stupid witch hunt isn't of anyone's damn business, period!

Actually there are only 2 people involved, that is whomever the post was
directed to and Joseph. The rest of you who are hunting down some kind of
response to your sick curiosity, why don't you go take pictures and chill
out. Because quite frankly, and this one more time, "It's none of your damn
business to know.... PERIOD!"
Thank you.

ted

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: 2,8/15mm Zeiss Leica-M)