Subject: [Leica] Re: St. Pauli, German beer, bread
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Tue Jan 10 09:21:53 2006

Currywurst! A new found favourite of mine. My fascination is at an
early stage, so I'm not qualified to reflect on relative qualities, but
the best I've tasted so far is in a place called "3 Frites" in
Marktplatz, Bonn. Not your average Imbiss by any means and the food is
great even if the slammin' house sounds aren't quite to my taste. The
only cutlery they give you are Bundeswehr knife/fork/spoon field sets.

As an aside, the pater familias of the house where I stayed was telling
me how he used to do very well selling these knife/fork/spoon sets to
US soldiers in southern Germany when he was in the army in the early
60s. The going rate was 200 American cigarettes, apparently.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com