Subject: [Leica] Dlux2
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Jan 10 11:50:14 2006

Craig
Not that I want to change your mind - but if you look around in this class,
and don't mind noise at ISO higher than 100 as with the LX1 or DLux2 - then
have a look at the Ricoh Caplio GX8, too. It has an (admittedly squinty)
optical viewfinder (but that's better than none - try the LX1 in the bright
sunlight and you understand what I mean), a useful 28-85mm zoom-range (35mm
eq.), a slightly faster lens, and, as a special goodie, a flash/accessory
shoe that allows you for instance to use external viewfinders (if you have
any). Goes down to ISO64, has 1cm close-up macro, 3:2 and 4:3 formats, more
manual controls than most of it's class and the sample pictures I have seen
are comparable to the LX1. And btw the Ricoh's a little cheaper than the LX1
and significantly cheaper than the D-Lux 2.
Just my few pesos...
Didier

more informations:
http://tinyurl.com/d6roa