Subject: [Leica] Aging and dimming L'flex finders?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jan 10 17:37:52 2006

Simon,
I know this is heresy on this forum, but my F1N has a much brighter and
easier to focus viewfinder than either of my two SL's or my SL2.  I think
that Canon simply got the camera right just in time for autofocus to carry
the day.  Specifically, focusing with a Canon 50mm F1.4 is much easier on
the F1 than focusing with a 50 Summilux on either the SL or SL2.  I suspect
that I will be tracking down a 55 1.2 ASPH Canon lens specifically for low
light/bar/stage work that is not suitable for M's.

Once Sherry finishes with my M6, I will send in one of my SL's to be
overhauled back to factory spec's and will comment futher then.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com