Subject: [Leica] Is there anyone out there using/interested in LTM?
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Wed Jan 11 14:43:04 2006

Mark writ:

>Good heavens, yes.  Have been using a 1g (as you know) and shoot with a
>couple of IIIcs and a IIIF.  Also still have some Leica copies, of which the
>Niccas get the most use.  At one time, Noel Charchuk tried to create a
>spinoff from this group called SLUG, which kind of fizzled, although a small
>number of us involved still keep in touch.

OK, Mark - I'll rephrase my question.

When Brian started this group way back in the Jurassic, LTM
questions/observations were quite common.

Now, it's my impression that very few people seem interested, even
though this crucial to the Leica inheritance, which is well worth
passing on.

FWIW, I understand that the Leica Historical Society of America are
holding their first ever gathering outside the USA in Wetzlar,
Germany, in September 2006. I'll certainly be taking some LTMs across
to that.

Best

Alex
--