Subject: [Leica] Is there anyone out there using/interested in LTM?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Jan 11 15:13:06 2006

Hello Alex,
not all that old as screw mount cameras go, but are a IIIG a Canon P and
a Canon 7 interest enough?
The Canon 7 is quite often in use, it's so robust (the meter even works
accurately), the P usually stays in a cabinet - it's the actual camera
shown in HPR's book "Leica Copies" complete with the accessory meter.
The IIIG will be going to the local Leica doctor next week ((Kielgas in
Hannover, reputed to be the best camera repair shop in Germany when it's
a mechanical camera that needs repairing) I just hope it won't be too
expensive, though it will probably be about a third of the price of
sending it to Solms,and I have the advantage of being able to pick it
within 15 minutes of it being ready.
In addition to these: Bessa-L (twice), a Bessa-R and screw mount lenses
from 12mm to 135mm (CV, Leica and Canon), the Bessas go along on long
hikes because they're so light, the IIIG gets used because it's such a
gorgeous piece of equipment.
Douglas