Subject: [Leica] PAW2006, Wk1
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Jan 12 15:01:32 2006

Philippe wrote:

>>Is it possible that it scans what isn't there?<<

I've noticed odd things when resampling. I've seen grain that was very
apparent in full res (5400dpi) scans disappear when resampled to a
400x600 jpg. And the opposite as well.

People that I consider expert have suggested that I should resample --
up or down -- at specific percentage increments. Supposedly, it's better
to 3 or 4 times at X percent rather that once at whatever that outcome
would be; although I can't recall the X factor.

Perhaps it's folly to assume that grain has much similarity in the
analog and digital worlds. I know that noise can show up in the odd
places at inopportune times.

DaveR