Subject: [Leica] Nikon film cameras
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Jan 12 14:33:16 2006

I followed links posted on the LUG regarding Lightroom and chanced upon
Jeff Schewe's excellent pictorial essay of his recent Anarctic
Expedition.

http://photoshopnews.com/feature-stories/antarctica-expedition/

At the very end the author was talking about printers and he said that
although they took some larger printers along, the little Epson
Picturemates were the "hit of the trip".

I found it interesting that out of the plethora of hardware the group
took, devices that allowed everyone to immediately share 4x6 images were
cherished.

Being a skepic -- and former editorial publicist -- I believe that plug
for Epson was possibly payback to Epson for supplying some hardware
gratis. Still, I think it was factual, as well as from the heart. It
made this skeptic want to go buy a Picturemate.

DaveR