Subject: [Leica] OT: Hasselbald XPAN II
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Jan 13 14:26:04 2006

Frank,
You and I hardly qualify as the target amatuer snapper.  I have repeatedly
said that for the professional especially in journalism digital capture is
almost as good as it gets, the only thing better would be extremely large
area Wi-Fi that would let them transmit from anywhere in the world to their
editors desk simultaneously.

As to I wish I had different film in the camera, you and I both have more
than one body so film isn't the issue.  As an aside, for the non purist, you
can make B&W from colour negative stock very easily and have had that
ability for the past five to eight years.

Waiting for the end of the roll has never really been an issue at least for
me.  Thirty six clicks doesn't take any time and I can always rewind after
six; film is really pretty cheap.

All the best, digital for me will be between the 5D Canon, the dM, and the
D200 Nikon.  I will own one of those cameras by the end of the year or
whatever Canon replaces the 20D with.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com