Subject: Was RE: [Leica] DSLR choice - now Zeiss-Ikon
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jan 13 17:56:23 2006

At 05:19 PM 1/13/06 -0600, Jim Nichols wrote:
>Marc,
>How many of the cylinder bolts or threads did you replace because they
>stripped out in the case?  Corrosion is also a problem on V-tail Beech
>Bonanzas which also were made of magnesium.
>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA

I know almost nothing about Beech aircraft but I certainly never had to
replace a cylinder bolt because of stripping out.  These cases are
magnificently tough.  Corrosion is not an issue on VW aircooled engines.
The cases last:  the steel innards are what needs replacement.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505