Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Nikon Mount Lense Can Zeiss Leica Thread Mount beFar Behind?
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Jan 18 13:04:51 2006

At 09:58 PM 1/17/06 -0500, Don Dory wrote:

>I do have a question about (Jihad Sigint NSA FBI Patriot Act).  Just trying
>to cause trouble?  As someone who wrote Mao for a little red book a very
>long time ago with some very interesting results you may be surprised at
>what goes around.

Shucks, Don, I got my copy of the Little Red Book from the Vietnam Day
Committee in Los Angeles back in year 67 of the last century.  It sits by
my computer as I write these words, as its gaseous blatherings are too
wonderful to be missed, and it makes a rare, but grand, source for that
perfect citation on occasion.  For instance, with regard to the current
state of the Leica company:

"Diligence and frugality should be practiced in running factories and shops
and all ... other enterprises.  The principle of diligence and frugality
should be observed in everything.  The principle of economy is one of the
basic principles of ... economy."

and how well would this one play in Angela Merkel's Germany?

"A dangerous tendency hs shown itself of late among many of our personnel
-- an unwillingness to share the joys and hardships of the masses, a
concern for personal fame and gain.  This is very bad."

And, of course, the ultimate example of gaseous diffusion:

"A frog ina well says, "The sky is no bigger than the mouth of the well."
That is untrue, for the sky is not just the size of the muth of the well.
If it said, "A part of the sky is the size of the mouth of a well," that
would be true, for it tallies with the facts."

And, though BD teaches us this unceasingly, Mao said it first:

"Many things may become baggage, may become encumrances, if we cling to
them blindly and uncritically."

Wow.  Mao was the man of the ages?  Hardly!

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505