Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon 5D + Leica Lens Exposure Question
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sat Jan 14 10:12:52 2006

Yesterday (while my ISP's mail server was down) Steve Unsworth added:

>  Using my 5D and Leica lenses the exposure does shift as you stop down.
>
> If I point my 5D/50mm Summicron at an even toned surface and take several
> shots the exposure lightens as the lens is stopped down from f2 to about f4
> or f5.6 - this can be easily seen by looking at the image and histogram.

Now that you mention it, this exactly describes a phenomenon I am
experiencing.  I had not identified it as such until you described it
and I went back and compared some images side by side.

I wonder why this happens?

So much for 'semi-automation'....

--Bob