Subject: [Leica] st. Petersburg
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 15 12:08:14 2006

Marty offered,
> I may as well point out now that some of my photos from that trip  are
> here:  http://gallery.leica-users.org/Russia .  There are a few in there
> which are less than technically perfect (or not even good, depending on
> your  criteria) that I included as a record of the trip or just because of
> the content.
>>> Comments, lambasting, abuse, etc welcome.<<<<

Hello Marty,
A couple of things. Never put up photos, then make excuses for those that
don't cut it! Simply because you pull down the complete set! Bad move! If
you have to make excuses for your photography then don't post them. Look at
it this way..."If in doubt? OUT!"

For family? Cool! as they think every shot you make you're a brilliant
photographer as happens in nearly every family. ;-)

I would trust you shot colour in the Hermitage and the B&W's posted merely a
token of the shoot.

Having shot a documentary in '92 on the Hermitage I cannot for the life of
me even contemplate shooting B&W in such a magnificent edifice! One becomes
memorized by it's fantastic beauty the moment you walk inside.

If there is one place I'd return to in a heart beat it's St. Petersburg and
the Hermitage! :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road