Subject: [Leica] Zeiss lenses for Nikon F mount
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Jan 17 20:51:23 2006

It also implies that the lenses are preset... no auto diaphragm....
This is the same stupid thinking ( my opinion, YMMV) that got the Cosina
gang to produce a LTM camera first, and the M series, almost reluctantly.

You will notice no Canon FD Mount either.... I doubt it is a patent
licensing thing,,,,, are Sigma, TO kina, et al doing EOS Mounts?

We'll have to wait and see..... The market decides, not me......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Frank,
I realize that for most of us on the LUG, Universal Screw Mount is stupid,
it has been quite a while since any camera was produced that used this
mount.  The ability to use current production lenses on a wide variety of
bodies from the past to the present makes things very interesting.  For me,
the Nikon mount works, but for many others, the 42mm will allow use on their
current camera of choice