Subject: [Leica] re: fins and treadmills
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 19 14:44:04 2006

Nathan offered:
> As for Leica images being of special interest because they are Leica
> images, how would you regard a photograph shot with a Canon body and a
> Leica lens?<<<

Hi Nathan,
All I can say is a Leica lens on the 20D is the best thing that's happened
for those of us caught in limbo between film in a Leica body or a memory
card in a Canon body using Leica glass! ;-)

Given that the majority of banter over the years has always been about
magnificent Leica glass, the lens mating with the 20D or other Canon models
is an absolute blessing, because now we have the best of the best for glass
with some pretty dang fine digital camera gear.

Hey we discovered this ourselves, people right here on the LUG and if Leica
hadn't had themselves in such a financial screw-up and had the smarts to
produce a digital camera sooner, whatever model, it's highly unlikely the
Leica-Canon combination would've evolved.
Anyway it has and works very well, certainly for those of us who think
positive.

I don't have any problem with this arrangement, as I've had the good fortune
to get some damn fine "Leica lens imagery" with this mating routine of Leica
lens to Canon body. And I consider I'm still shooting Leica for what I
always bought a Leica for, fast glass and the best.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4