Subject: [Leica] Re: fins and treadmills
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Thu Jan 19 18:21:38 2006

Nathan Wajsman (gentleman and scholar) wrote:

>A good photograph is a good photograph, and a poor photograph is a poor
>photograph, regardless of the equipment. Yes, all of us came to this
>list because we have an attachment to Leica, but the reason why other
>brands have intruded on both the discussion and the imagery posted is
>simply that Leica has not produced any significant innovations in the
>past few years, except the DMR--and there has been a fair amount of
>discussion of that.
>
>As for Leica images being of special interest because they are Leica
>images, how would you regard a photograph shot with a Canon body and a
>Leica lens?

I say there are probably dozens of other on-line forums dedicated valuably
to the art & technology of the visual image. None of them impinge the
slightest upon my time because I am Leica photographer, and that's why I
bothered to RSVP to this here party. Oh, and for the Scotch talk. Yeh.

One can mix & match & graft all kinds of orphan waif childs via unnatural
machinery acts and I still won't bite. Leica je suis.

But, clearly, I am part of a rapidly shrinking (and sour) minority here.

Emanuel