Subject: [Leica] Distressed in Boston
From: vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Thu Jan 19 19:31:48 2006

So I met an old friend at the MFA tonight to join him in a viewing of Henri
Cartier-Bresson, the movie. Of course I brought my Leica along, hoping that
proximity to the film would inspire my camera. But the film was really
digitized video, so I'm not sure what kind of results I'll get.

Anyway, the old friend is also an long-time Leica user; he has a nice black
M2 and a modest array of lenses. I thought he might bring it, but instead,
he brought his new digital camera.

My question is, he brought along a gift for me, a roll of Ilford Delta 400,
which he recommended highly. I had no such gift for him. I would have
offered him one of my self-rolled TriX cassettes, but there was obviously no
point to that. What, then, could I offer a digital user as a similar
hospitality gift?
A package of AAA batteries?

Signed

Distressed in Boston