Subject: [Leica] Distressed in Boston
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Jan 20 19:30:22 2006

Bill Harting writes in part:

> Anyway, the old friend is also an long-time Leica user; he has
> a nice black M2 and a modest array of lenses. I thought he might bring it,
> but instead, he brought his new digital camera.
>
> My question is, he brought along a gift for me, a roll of
> Ilford Delta 400,which he recommended highly. I had no such gift for him.
> would have offered him one of my self-rolled TriX cassettes, but there was
> obviously no point to that. What, then, could I offer a digital user as a
> similar hospitality gift?

> A package of AAA batteries?
>
> Signed
>
> Distressed in Boston

I don't know what you would offer him but if the Black M2 is the real deal,
I'd offer him some cash for his obselete old camera. A few bucks for
electricity, some cd's, a replacement hardrive... a backup service.

If he bites shoot with that BP M2 like you stole it! (Personally, I'd smile
like a Chesire Cat every time I pressed the shutter!)

Regards,

Greg