Subject: [Leica] re: Impending demise of film
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Sat Jan 21 15:52:04 2006

I'm going to enjoy film while I can. While I can still use my Praktika from
1967 (purchased in Berlin) with my 1982 Omega enlarger, I cannot interface
my IBM PC from 1983 with my 2005 Epson printer. The digital age has us on a
spending treadmill if you haven't noticed!!!

Digital is nice, but will soon be passe to the next greatest and nicest
advancement.

I'm not anti-digital. This message is on a computer afterall, and I send
photos over the internet, but I do enjoy film, and I do find film
frsutrating as well.

I am not about to state, however, that the end of history is upon us with
the advent of the digital age. The age of glacial change may be past, but
what we do now digitally I venture to say will not be what we do digitally
in 5 to 10 years when Canon comes out with the D30,000,000,000 which puts
its D29,000,000,000 to shame. Be the first to buy yours.

doug