Subject: [Leica] Way OT: Shooting 8x10 LF and contact printing
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Jan 22 01:32:03 2006

Oh wise LUG members,

I've got this bug lately for trying out contact printing. People pics and
still lifes.  I'm not a landscape shooter. So I've been researching 8x10
view cameras, lenses and what not.

Any folks on this list have any personal experiences to share?

Tachihara seems to have a nice, somewhat reasonably priced 8x10
camera with a long bellows extension of which I've read one positive
review.  Any thoughts on camera/lens selection.  I imagine I could
do with just a normal lens and maybe a short tele.

To me , this is pretty complicated stuff - lots of moving parts -
compared to my photographic activities to date.

What is a good way to get into shooting with an 8x10 and exploring
various contact printing techniques?  Workshops? Classes? Books?
Any really good mailing lists I might join?

Thanks much.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Replies: Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] Way OT: Shooting 8x10 LF and contact printing)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Way OT: Shooting 8x10 LF and contact printing)