Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome--Any Indication of Its Future
From: krieger at usc.edu (Martin Krieger)
Date: Sun Jan 22 08:46:33 2006

Kodachrome provided the long life I needed for my archival work, but when
K200 pushed to 500 could not be readily processed and A&I stopped processing
Kodachrome at all, I had to stop using it (went mostly to Provia F400, often
pushed a stop).

The subject of my work is changing, and Kodachrome 64 or 200 now look
useful. I'm willing to put up with delayed processing (by Kodak, wherever in
the world they'll process it).

Has anyone had an indication if Kodak will be discontinuing Kodachrome in
the next five to ten years. I realize this is crystal ball gazing. [Yes, I
know that Kodachrome Super 8mm movie film is over.]

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Kodachrome--Any Indication of Its Future)
Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] Kodachrome--Any Indication of Its Future)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Kodachrome--Any Indication of Its Future)