Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome--Any Indication of Its Future
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Tue Jan 24 17:01:45 2006

My guess is that Kodak is trying to kill Kodachrome slowly.  Processing
labs are becoming fewer and fewer.  I don't shoot slides, but those who
do say that K-chrome is getting harder to get.  This is from the store
that they have always bought from.  Folks here may have another opinion.

I am guessing here, but I think Kodachrome is not profitable for them.
However, if and when they do discontinue it they will have to put up
with the indignity of having Paul Simon sing about it on all of the TV
and radio news shows, so they are trying to put it off as long as
possible or just keep it in the catalog, but never make the announcement.

Like I said, just guessing.

Mike D