Subject: [Leica] no film in a decade; now very poor men's clothes
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Jan 22 09:23:16 2006

Seth Rosner writes in part:

> Saratoga Springs from New York City. Second, I am expected to wear
> business
> suits only rarely so there is very little wear. Third, P.S. clothing was
> very high quality.
>
> Where shall I now find a quality suit?
>
> Your down-in-the-dumps friend.

Seth,

What you want is a fine Italian fabric (still the best in the world IMHO)
from a good English or Italian tailor. I used to purchase 3 to 4 suits a
year to wear 5 days a week. Then things started to get more casual in the
oil patch here in Calgary and I only need to buy 2 suits a year to wear for
meetings with clients and government staff (I am very, very, hard on
clothing and shoes).

The Calgary business herd is now moving back into the formal look five days
a week, so I'm now buying more suits again. In Canada, you could get English
and Italian tailoring with Warren K. Cook and Lou Miles made suits. Now Cook
has been purchased by Copley and Lou Miles is herd to find outside of
Montreal. So now I'm buying from Italian maker Trunk Shows (when possible).

Now how about men's shoes?

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer) ([Leica] no film in a decade; now very poor men's clothes)