Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 2: An evening in Berlin
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 22 17:15:54 2006

Nathan Wajsman showed:

> here is my PAW for week 2. All these were taken during one evening in
> Berlin, where I stopped on my way home from Poland:
> > http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=8 <<<<<

Hi Nathan,
What can one say about the reflections but very well done! In both colour &
B&W. Certainly illustrates the impact of using different films.

Although I have a question about posting such excellent exposures at the
size they are? I realize these are not jpegs at 72 size for transmission.
However, given the world of the internet is full of SOB's stealing images
for their own use and money in they're pockets. I have to say something
about the size of your photographs.

Each time I'm primed to have a website produced I'm shown how easy it is to
copy a picture. Particularly, your vertical reflection photo then print it 9
X 6 inches. No the photo isn't smashing, but it sure could be used for
re-production by any number of unscrupulous thieves or publications.

I've been told web sight photographs could have water marks on the
photographs. Yes I understand water marking, but I've also been shown how
easy it is to copy a photograph with a water mark, re-move it and the 9X6
print looked pretty good.

Copying has crossed my mind any number of times while looking at some of
your photography because it's so dang good! But this is the first time I've
made a point of it because the Berlin pictures warrant the warning.

It's been my understanding if one posts a picture through the internet the
resolution should never be any greater than 72. In your case the size shows
240. So in the future, certainly with some of your work looking so
professionally acceptable, maybe it's time to make 'em 72 from now on.

I trust this is of some use.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road