Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 2: An evening in Berlin
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jan 22 20:44:24 2006

Hi Ted and thanks!

Regarding theft and so on--that is a risk, yes, but I do want to show
off my pictures to this group and the world in general, so I have to run
that risk. I post the images at 750x500 pixels (horizontal) or 600x400
pixels (vertical)--unless I crop them, in which case the short side may
end up bigger or smaller. If we take 200 dpi as the minimum acceptable
resolution for printing, then it means that anybody can download them
and make a print of approximately 3.5x2.5 inches if the image is
horizontal, and smaller if it is vertical. So stealing the images for
the purpose of printing them is not likely to be a huge issue; someone
can of course pinch them for web display. But again, this is a risk that
I simply have to accept if I want you to look at my stuff!

Thanks for looking.

Nathan