Subject: [Leica] OT - Konica Minolta Scanners and ???
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 25 10:52:10 2006

In a message dated 1/25/2006 12:43:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
kennybod@mac.com writes:

>  They indeed have competition -

And, from what other folks have said,  and reviews I've read, the
Microtek's are very good.  Sonny, I  think, is using one, and spoke
highly of  it.

Ken

I use Microtek flatbed scanners, and the 900i  is quite good on medium
format and 4x5 negs.  It uses a tray system for negatives that inserts in
the front

I have not tried it with BW negative in 35mm.

There is no digital ice for negatives, and I'm not too pleased with ice on
positives.

For 35mm I use a Coolscan 5000

Regards,
Sonny