Subject: [Leica] Microtek vs. Nikon scanners?
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Wed Jan 25 14:26:05 2006

I use the Microtek 4000 and have been very pleased with it, although I
don't have any way to compare it to anything else.  The scans look good to
me, from both C41 and traditional b&w.  I print up to 13x19 on my Epson
2200 with the 4000dpi scans and I like the results.  I am sometimes even
able to sell the prints. :)

It came with a SCSI card that I plugged into my PC and it runs just
fine.  I do have to turn it on _before_ turning on my PC for it to be
recognized, but other than that I haven't had any issues.  Or, as BD said,
you can pay a little more for the 4000tf which has usb and firewire.

Best,
Aaron

Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Microtek vs. Nikon scanners?)