Subject: [Leica] RE: PAW Week 3 Jeffrey---Nagin
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 27 08:19:35 2006

In a message dated 1/27/2006 9:51:40 A.M. Central Standard Time,
bruce@ralgo.nl writes:

Building  a city, no matter how lovely and full of romantic history,
> in  a
> geographically unsound place, is an invitation for  calamity.

You are correct that it will not be the same, but it will come back. You
are
absolutely wrong in your theory.  You obviously have no idea of the
situation.   We  must rebuild New Orleans, the question is  how.

This port alone is the way the world is fed, and America supplied.   Steel,
grain, containers all pour through it.  I won't bore you with  numbers, but
it
is the world's busiest port.  Go here for numbers:

_http://www.portno.com/facts.htm_ (http://www.portno.com/facts.htm)

There is no elsewhere to build.  The civil fabric will not  follow, because
the infrastructure built up since 1716 is already there.

A lot was lost, lives, homes; I am bitter because it did not have to  be.

A fat cat levee board that never talked about levees, only marinas,
airports
and fountains got us into this mess.

An arrogant Texan made it worse, and a ignorant horse-breeder let it  happen
despite plenty of warning.

You are dead wrong, Norm, there are plenty to share the  blame.

Bruce, you live in the Netherlands.  You must know that Norm's  remarks are
not girded with truth;  while lofty sounding, they ring hollow  and
unstudied
to me.

We could have, should have done things the way your country did.

Don't pat us on the hand and tell us that it is important that we take
pictures, that taking pictures will make it all better.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana