Subject: [Leica] RE: PAW Week 3 Jeffrey---Nagin
From: dmdorn_ct_usa at mac.com (David M. Dorn)
Date: Fri Jan 27 16:41:54 2006

Don Dory wrote:

Jeffery,
With all due respect, it is nuts to live below sea level.

Don,

I don't thinks anyone from the Netherlands would agree with you.

Yes, they had a major storm surge disaster  in 1952 (date?).  They
swore then it would never happen again.  Theyt began the Delta Project,
some of which is still ongoing.  They have spent billions.  Question is
will we have the resolve to do something similar for New Orleans and
other coastal cities.  The residents of Galveston, Texas did it
themselves after they were wiped out.

Of course is we keep melting the ice caps and glaciers no one is safe,
but in that case I think I would rather live in the Netherlands, home
of the world's greatest hydraulic engineers.  I would but my bets on
them before us.

David

Replies: Reply from jwlee01 at gmail.com (John Lee) ([Leica] RE: PAW Week 3 Jeffrey---Nagin)