Subject: [Leica] soleil eating a carrot...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 28 16:59:34 2006

Steve Barbour showed:
Subject: soleil eating a carrot...
>> http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-91340.html

Hi Steve,
I bet you don't understand what you do in your photography, so many on all
the lists could learn from when they're photographing their children, grand
children or kids in general.

Your child's eyes, "Soleil" are always alive or deep in thought or someplace
altogether, than "looking right at the camera being photographed for the one
thousand time because I have to have my picture taken look!"

You always capture a true life moment, the kids at the fountain. Another,
"let's read" for example, pure magic because Soleil is so deep into the book
she looks like one could never snap her out of it. Not a thought about the
camera being pointed at her by Grandpa.;-)

And this one, "eating a carrot." How simple a subject and you've put far
more feeling into it visually than one could imagine possibly capturing. No
faked up "look like it tastes good" or some other dumb ass comment for a
re-action as many urge to get what they think is a  "cutesy" response.

Leave the child alone doing her thing and the picture moment will come. What
happens with so many is "they want the instant child response" because
they're in a hurry or some one else is yapping away in the back ground
creating a distraction.

Just keep doing whatever you do and you'll rarely have a problem with your
picture taking.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road