Subject: [Leica] Katrina
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Jan 25 14:02:40 2006

Tina Manley posted:
> LUG:
>
> Don't know if anybody has sent this in:
>
> http://www.cartoonbank.com/newyorker/slideshows/060109onco_polidori.html
> > Very worth watching and listening.<<<<<

Hi Tina,
I found it extremely strange, almost macabre in looking at the interiors of
the homes realizing people lived there and now they're gone. Like where are
they? Will they ever come back? And where do they start if and when they do
come back?

It almost looks kind of normal, some out of place stuff, but one kind of
feels like the next frame there'll be a person in the room.

My computer sound card went wrong the other day so I didn't hear the
dialogue, but I'm saving this until the card is replaced. Nevertheless the
visual impact is quite incredible. I found it very emotionally moving
realizing a short time ago these homes were full of laughter and life!

Thanks for posting it.

ted

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Katrina)