Subject: [Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: long and occasionally on topic
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sun Jan 29 09:22:17 2006

Hello Frank,

Mine's a wide-body with Classic Koni's and a few light suspension
mods, 16" knock-on alloys (rare), shod with Sport Pilots, and it has
190 BHP at 4,750 with 242 ft./lbs. at 3,250. It weighs 2,278 lbs. wet.
0 - 60 is only 5.9 sec., but it's the 30 to 80 MPH in 3rd which produces
the grins, embarrasses the really expensive iron, and terrifies 1st-time
passengers.

Only thing modern about it is the dedicated SAGEM EFi and the
Superform alloy wings, but it's great fun for occasional use. I could
use another 10%, but I'd have to upgrade so much other stuff to
handle the power, it just isn't worth it to me. I also no longer have
the cash. :-)

A friend and ex-RN Harrier test pilot with a similar car who now
lives in Annapolis has dropped in a 4.5 RPI with mild cam and
SAGEM and now has 285 BHP. He's spent a small fortune with
necessary upgrades to everything to handle it. As David was the
first to launch an old Harrier from a ski-jump carrier, naturally
he's certifiable, (but the "war stories" are excellent :-).

Here's a D1 snap of my rig. Must get some proper Leica snaps
some day. <http://gallery.leica-users.org/album25/LUG194?full=1>

How's the team shaping up for '06 BTW?

Best Regards,

William