Subject: [Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: long and occasionally on topic
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Jan 29 09:54:04 2006

John Collier wrote in part:

> We both snubbed the custom cars and gave the big thumbs up to the Lotus
> Elise. Why would anyone buy anything else if you are in the market
> for a sports car?

This month's Road and Track had a interesting article on the Lotus Exige.

> The IIIg's half life size finder was almost as wonderful as an M camera's;
> not quite, but pretty damn close by any measure.

The diopter adjustment is a great feature and the IIIG is as easy to focus
in low light as my M2.

> concentration. And, yes, all my leaders were trimmed correctly.
> Every second or third load would require "fiddling" to engage properly.
> I did not have to remove and reload, just poke the spool up and down a
> bit. Perhaps I will eventually develop a sure fire technique but I am
> apparently not there yet. M cameras, even M2s and M3s, must have
> been a revelation.

I bet you said this about the first Leica M you ever loaded. Loading a LTM
camera gets easier every time you load it.

Regards,

Greg