Subject: [Leica] In praise of all mechanical cameras
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jan 31 19:30:08 2006

All,
I just recieved my M6 back from Sherry who of course did a wonderful job.
It went in partly to upgrade the finder but also because 1/1000 and 1/500
had been pretty flaky for quite a while and oh yes the bent crank from one
too many bangs from being slung around and used on a daily basis.  Through
it all I kept on getting some truly wonderful negs and slides even though it
was pretty sick.  I own some electronic cameras and use them fairly often.
I have also been in some truly wonderful places when they decided to go on
strike.

So, I really appreciate how a mechanical camera fails, generally gracefully
with a lot of warning that hospitilization in required as opposed to click:
nope, I am not going to work any more.

Thanks for listening to the rant.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com