Subject: [Leica] The DM-R has landed!
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Tue Jan 31 19:43:44 2006

Ted Grant wrote:

> Hi David,
> Now son you've made that DMR thingy sound like manna from heaven! ;-)
> Now the reality is... how well does it operate and produce images at
> 800-1600-3200?

That, Ted, only time will tell.  However, I'll be in Jasper on Friday
(not much time to play, prior to that) and then have two weeks of
traveling, to find out.  Like you, I am very interested in high ISO
performance, for my 'standard' setup for wildlife is the 400/6.8 Telyt
w/2x.  That's f13.6 wide open!

I'll let you know whether I've wasted my money or not, when I'm back.
Stay tuned...

--
David Young,
Logan Lake, BC