Subject: [Leica] The DM-R has landed!
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Feb 1 17:34:26 2006

Ted,
While I deeply respect your abilities and your needs with a camera, there
are other photographers out there who have different needs.  Doug has stayed
with the SL because of the viewfinder.  Most will agree that the R8/R9
viewfinder is probably the best in business.  If your work requires a
fabulous viewfinder then the DMR is your digital option.  As good as the
Canon's are, and they are quite good, their viewfinders are not up to the SL
or the R8/9 viewfinder.

For you, the Noctilux was the tool, it gave you signature ability and a
quite different look.  It was a competitive edge.  Many think that spending
what you spent on a Noctilux is insane.  Similarly, for some, the viewfinder
of the R8/9 gives them the same advantage as the Noct gave you.  Within some
limits, arguing about the price of a tool that will return far more than
it's cost is a futile exercise.

0.02

Don
don.dory@gmail.com