Subject: [Leica] Seeking general macro advice
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Feb 2 08:14:18 2006

Scott McLoughlin asked:

>>I've been looking into shooting macro. My interest is not so much shooting
>>bugs, but more like Weston's peppers and other nature studies - i.e.,
>>things that don't move. <<<<<<

Scott,
Oh dear me it appears were about to lose one over the edge to the rocks,
ferns and non-breathing things. ;-)  That's a joke Scott, in case you didn't
know how I refer to folks who shoot rocks & ferns.;-)

If you are truly serious about this there's only one way to go, yeah I know
there'll be all kinds of advice from others! But this is the best KISS way.

R8 or 9, the 100mm macro 2.8 with a fully ground glass screen and away you
go. And if you want to get wild and crazy also the macro adapter to add to
the 100 macro when you want to get really down and dirty close.

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Seeking general macro advice)