Subject: [Leica] new Zeiss Ikon 21mm brightline finder
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Feb 2 15:12:09 2006

At 1:50 PM -0500 2/2/06, EPL wrote:
>Has anyone here seen this yet & can comment as to how it compares with
>Leica's late-lamented 21mm finder?
>
>I shoot a lot with my 21/2.8 ASPH.
>
>Emanuel

It's the best 21 finder I have ever seen and significantly brighter
and easier to use than any Leica 21 finder. It's also a lot bigger.
Whether it's worth well over twice the price of the Cosina finder is
up to you. My take is that since finders get misplaced, knocked off
and broken off cameras and don't take the picture, I'm not ready to
spend $350US for one, even if it is the best one. I'll take two
Cosina finders and pocket the other $90.

Also, in practice I like the Leica finder best because it has a much
lower profile and doesn't get snagged as easily.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] new Zeiss Ikon 21mm brightline finder)