Subject: [Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Sat Feb 4 08:45:35 2006

Frank Fillipone wrote:

"My wife, who is usually very laid back, does not want me to take the
pictures.  She wants me
to sit there and enjoy the day.....  She did not ask me if I were going to
use a flash, take B+W or color shots, or anything else.  I got the cold,
flat, shut down.

Help!  or supporting words for my wife's position?"

Frank, my wife felt very much the same way as yours but my daughter
understood and spoke to the official photographer on my behalf.  I shot
available light photos with my wife glaring at me the whole time.  BUT, the
next day I had an album of prints to show around.  I made albums for the
wedding party and the groom's parents too!  It turned out I had the only
photos of the wedding people saw for almost a year when the photographer
finally delivered his photos.  The parents of the groom did not attend
because his dad was ill. They really enjoyed my photos.  The Groom's father
died before the official photos were available and my photos were the only
one he ever saw.

I am so glad I stood my ground and made my own photos of my daughter's
wedding.  I have been photographing her since she was ten minutes old.  It
was just another step in a work in progress!

Show this message to your wife.  My wife stopped complaining when she saw
the photos and carried my album around for a year bragging to all her
friends.  She never mentions her disapproval.

Ken Lassiter