Subject: [Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sat Feb 4 10:15:43 2006

On Feb 4, 2006, at 9:08 AM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> Help!  or supporting words for my wife's position?
>
> This is not going the way I thought it would......

Frank, having done a few of these things over the years, my
suggestion, from the standpoint of someone who enjoys watching family
dynamics at weddings <grin>, is:

Let the hired person do it; sit and watch; shuffle your feet, fold
your napkin, bite your nails, and let the hired person do it.

Then, after this part is over, you can talk to your son and daughter-
in-law about a newly-wed photo session, when all the stress and
strain is past, you have them all to your photographic self, in a
setting of your choosing, the lighting the way you want it, and crank
out some photos you know you will like.

(And, on a more personal note, I thought this part of my life would
be spent with my wife, our children grown and out, watching our
grandchildren, travelling....but it didn't go the way I thought it
would.  I would give all my gear, cameras scanners, printers, all of
it, to be able to sit with her at our granddaughter's wedding some
day, not taking pictures, just sitting and enjoying.)

These are, after all, only photographs.  They are not all of life.

Peace, and enjoy the wedding!

Ken

The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PAW):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn