Subject: [Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Feb 4 06:08:20 2006

About a year ago I asked the LUG about taking pictures at the wedding or
your own kid.  These would be candids in addition to the official ( digital)
wedding photographer.  He is being paid a lot of money ( a LOT of money) to
take the pre wedding shots, the group family shots, and some degree of
reception candids.  I need to get a better handle on what exactly he is
going to shoot at the reception..  I digress....

The LUG said, mostly, to go for it. My son is getting married in about 2
months.   It was time to ask the bride and groom for permission.  TO do that
I told my wife first what I was preparing to do.........

I do not even have permission to ask the bride or my son!....My wife, who is
usually very laid back, does not want me to take the pictures.  She wants me
to sit there and enjoy the day.....  She did not ask me if I were going to
use a flash, take B+W or color shots, or anything else.  I got the cold,
flat, shut down.

Help!  or supporting words for my wife's position?

This is not going the way I thought it would......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....)