Subject: [Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-) -now paid mercenaries! desperately OT
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Feb 5 02:21:23 2006

I love this Lancashire Yorkshire rivalry. Whilst born in
Nottinghamshire I moved to Lancashire, the Fylde, at the age of 2 and
did not leave until starting my apprenticeship in Huddersfield in
what was then the West Riding of Yorkshire.
Lots of good natured banter. My welding teacher, who was a clog
wearing Yorkshire nationalist,  said, on learning that I was from
Lancashire that "there must be a lot of good blokes in Lancashire"
then, as he turned away quietly said "'cause there's never been a
good one come out"
The lab technician who worked for me after I finished training very
reluctantly accepted that whilst Yorkshire was 't best County in't
World Lancashire was second and the whole rest of the World was
nowhere :-)
Of course Lancashire did win the War of the Roses and the Monarch is
the Duke of Lancaster.......
Frank

Replies: Reply from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-) -now paid mercenaries! desperately OT)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-)-now paid mercenaries! desperately OT)