Subject: [Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-) -now paid mercenaries!
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Feb 5 06:45:56 2006

I made myself unpopular by forbidding alcohol during working hours at
Grands Prix and tests. The Chief Mechanic decided to dine at 11.00pm,
or when work was finished, so wine could be drunk. Lunchtimes I had
to put up with death stares from all and sundry. Nothing I could do
at the factory, most people had wine with lunch, several of them too
much.
I always made an excuse to need my road car by lunchtime when it was
serviced, to make sure the mechanic doing it was completely sober.
My French colleagues thought that since they were used to drinking
they were immune and it was OK. A classic example of increased
confidence and decreased competance IME.
Frank