Subject: [Leica] enlarger
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Feb 6 15:21:54 2006

Yes, and you get glaucoma ( or some eye disease)  from staring at a CRT.
And who knows what poisonous stuff emanates from digital inks....

As I said, it is different.

Note on Digital Printing... I live in LA.  Here, the big labs all now scan
the negative and print on digital printers, either Lightjet or fancy Inkjets
( Giclee ?).  SO for color, digital is the only end result. ( Jim Brick will
have my head for that comment...).  But for B+W. there are older processes
which many feel are superior to results obtained with digital.  Skill set is
a big determinant of results, in any event.

Tina, I certainly can understand and support your change to the Dry Side....
For health reasons it is always best to follow your body's needs.

Scotch, even mention of which may cause problems.... especially on THIS
list.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

The determining factor in my case was developing severe allergies to
darkroom chemicals.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] enlarger)