Subject: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: lists at tomwestbrook.com (Tom Westbrook)
Date: Tue Feb 7 10:23:17 2006

B. D. Colen wrote:
> But such prints are becoming, with every
> passing day, more an artifact of an earlier era in photography than the
> modern photographic standard. Of course whether that's good or bad is fuel
> for another thread.

Nonsense. Calling wet BW prints "artifacts" seems a bit strong, unless
you mean in the sense that digital prints are also artifacts
(human-crafted). As far as I can tell there never was a Modern
Photographic Standard. People should use what best suits their artistic
vision and others--agree or not--should let them without feeling the
need to be disparaging.

--
Tom Westbrook
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tom_westbrook