Subject: [Leica] I have given up
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Tue Feb 7 12:55:06 2006

--- feli <feli2@earthlink.net> wrote in part:
.
> I'm starting to think that the megapixel wars are
> over and
> expanded dynamic range is the next frontier.
>

> feli

If you look at relatively recent DSLR launches, you
would be proved right. Fuji has taken it's Super CCD
down the expanded dynamic range route for the S3,
Canon uses its full-frame sensor with larger pixel
pitch to achieve the same end, and Nikon effectively
goes down a processing route that compresses the tonal
range in camera to allow later re-expansion - at
least, that's how I understand it.

Nick

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a
photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com