Subject: [Leica] Re: #026
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Tue Feb 7 14:50:36 2006

From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca>

Subject: Re: #026

> Graham posted:
> >> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06026.htm<<<
> Subject: Re: [Leica] #026
>
> Hi Graham,
> Nice reflective photograph for this time of the year. My instant re-action
> was .... "turn this into a narrow top to bottom wide picture." :-)
>
> In other words, crop off the bottom leaving about a 1/4 inch from the top
> reflected image of the big tree about 3/4 of the way across from the
right.
> This eliminates a chunk of the grasses right bottom and balances the
> photograph giving a much nicer feeling to the scene.
>
> I believe you've said in the past, you don't like to crop? However me old
> son, I feel this suggested crop turns a nice photo into a very good photo.
> ;-) Or better. :-)
>
> But then that's my one eyed look compared to your two eyed look. ;-)
>
> ted
> Ted Grant Photography Limited
> 1817 Feltham Road
> Victoria BC  V8N 2A4
> 250-477-2156

Hi Ted,

You are right about me preferring not to crop but I did walk a hundred yards
or so until I got the desired width. A crop of sorts:-)

That said, you are of course absolutely right. The 'eyes' don't have it and
must defer to the 'eye' :-)
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/Temp_02.htm

Thanks for looking.

--Graham