Subject: [Leica] #026--orange vs no orange
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Wed Feb 8 00:48:19 2006

From: "Bill Smith" <wrs111445@yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: [Leica] #026--orange vs no orange

> Graham:
>
>   I wonder if some day you could do a side-by-side comparison for filter/
no filter?

>   Thanks,
>
>   Bill
>
>   GeeBee wrote:
>
> > Leica IIIf : 50mm Summitar f2 : orange filter : Kodak T400 CN
> >
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06026.htm

---------------------

Hi Bill,

I will try to remember to do that. Although there was little or nothing to
be gained in the sky I kept the orange filter on for that shot because the
reeds were all dead and dried out. Their pale colour was accentuated by the
orange filter giving a 'silvery' look which I quite like.

A green filter will have a similar effect on the reeds when they are a lush
green. Whereas an orange filter will darken fresh green reeds.

I got the 'silvery' look a little better here when, unable to exclude them,
I made the reeds more of a feature:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/IRC.htm

Thanks for looking.

--Graham