Subject: [Leica] I have given up
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Feb 8 00:18:16 2006

I never have trouble with blown-highlights in digital anymore ... not
that I shoot huge amounts of it, but I do shoot a great deal.

On the D100 I just check out the histogram on a test exposure and
either lessen the contrast (like using a lower grade paper) or lower
the exposure index (like exposing for the highlights and choosing a
paper contrast to fit the lower end of the scale). It helps to know a
bit about the darkroom when shooting digital.

On the other hand, it looks like total liberation to do things you
could never do in the darkroom if you don't have that background.

I think if you love photography, you make it work for you.

Daniel